Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too. We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
A high energy, passionate sales manager is needed to grow Left Coast Naturals sales in Western Canada though highly effective people management, coaching, motivation, performance monitoring, objective budget setting, developing and mentoring of the Field Sales and Customer Service Teams. Working closely with your peers (Key Account and Business Development Managers), Marketing, Operations and Finance to ensure key corporate, strategic objectives are met. Building a strong team that can develop exceptional customer relations and uphold the core values of the organization. Leads by example.
FIELD SALES MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage/work closely with the Sales Team by guiding, mentoring and coaching them in attaining their sales goals. Ensure 2 sales reps worked with per week.
- Ensure sales team is accountable and meets requested deadlines and KPI's.
- Develop creative sales programs that motivate and excite the sales team.
- Plan and direct sales team meetings.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales, metrics, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Provide analytics to the sales team to ensure all sales opportunities are maximized.
- Effectively build annual sales budgets, establishing targets and executing sales plans.
- Develop promotional ideas and materials.
- Attend trade meetings and industry conventions as required.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage/work closely with the Customer Service Lead and Department by guiding , mentoring and coaching them in attaining their goals.
- Ensure Customer Service maintains exemplary service to our customers.
- Ensure CS responsibilities and workflow are consistent with Corporate strategic objectives.
- Provide monthly up sell targets, products and monitor success.
- Track CS metrics and report data to the management team on a regular basis.
- Product recall/withdrawals coordination.
- Price catalog issuance.
- Be an active member of the LCN Management team-participation in daily huddles, bi-weekly meetings and strategic planning group as well as participating in key decision making processes.
- Recruit/retain/review/ evaluate to ensure the success of both teams , staff and Left Coast Naturals as a Company.
- Cultivate a culture of fun, accountability and one that aligns with our company's core values.
- Work closely with the brand manager to ensure vendor programs are being executed and communicated at store level. Provide feedback/recommendations on effectiveness of various retailer/vendor programs.
- Provide frequent feedback and coaching with teams to ensure goal alignment.
- Assess both teams' strengths and challenges and build plans/programs to harness the strength and improve on the challenges.
- Exemplary people and management skills and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn analysis into effective strategies and plans
- High proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications ( Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean drivers abstract and regular access to a vehicle will be required.
- Travel will be expected.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University or college degree preferably in marketing/sales or business or a related professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years Sales Management and leadership experience in the grocery industry, ideally within the Health Food segment-Organic/Natural sector.
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary & bonus. Pay range will depend on experience.
For this position, please email email@example.com
with a resume and salary expectations. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thanks all those who apply.
Afternoon Machine Operator
The primary role of the Machine Operator is the monitoring, maintenance and operations of the manufacturing equipment and to complete the daily responsibilities and tasks related to the processing, maintenance and sanitation activities of the designate line required for the manufacture of safe and high quality food as required.
- Operate mixing, packaging and baking equipment
- Maintain, monitor and perform simple routine maintenance as required
- Provide feedback on performance of equipment and offer suggestions for continuous improvement of work areas
- Work in a team atmosphere to ensure all production deadlines are met and or exceeded
- Apply sanitation procedures to ensure food safety of the production areas, machines and equipment
- Record sanitation information into log sheets and checklists
- Ensure work area and facility is kept clean at all times
- Keep common areas clean
- Complete required documentation i.e. record production information
- Perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment as required
- Follow all standard operating procedures and GMP requirements
- Comply and uphold quality system requirements
- Adhere to all safety practices and protocols to related job responsibilities and tasks including wearing all PPE when handling chemicals
- Act in accordance with company policies related to personal and group health and safety practices and procedures
- Perform daily production line responsibilities and tasks relative to business unit
- Other tasks as required
- High school diploma and two years' experience in a similar job Precious experience in a food processing facility and or similar industry is an asset
- Strong technical competence and detailed oriented
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow clear instructions
- Capable to work independently without constant supervision
- Knowledge of GMP quality and hygiene standards for food manufacturing
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Hours will be 12-8 pm starting and eventually will move to 3 pm to 11 pm Monday to Friday, weekends as needed
For this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and expected hourly rate. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
Left Coast Natural Demo Representative - Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Foods as well as the other Left Coast Natural brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations;
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands;
- Actively engage customers with products and information;
- Achieve sales goals and targets;
- Fill out demo reports and invoices;
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demo or sales experience;
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination;
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends;
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings;
- Available to demo on a regular basis;
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel;
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus;
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus;
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten.
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email email@example.com Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
We're always interested in hearing from good people. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Left Coast Naturals has been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. This competition recognizes small and medium enterprises that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resource policies.
Learn more about why we were chosen.