Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too. We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
The Junior Purchaser is a vital member of the Operations Team and reports to the Purchasing Manager. They are responsible for coordinating the inventory of products, sourcing and buying supplies, products and services. The Junior Purchaser will be proactive and detail-oriented and possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. This role is responsible for managing internal and supplier relationships from an operational perspective.
- Sourcing and purchasing of products and other items as required
- Issue purchase orders, track and expedite purchases while working with internal departments and external vendors
- Assure timely product delivery and product availability for the company
- Coordinate and execute inventory counts
- Manage product inventory
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and internal departments
- Review the preferred suppliers on a regular basis and seek better products/suppliers
- Seek new suppliers based on best price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support
- Regular monitoring of vendor pricing, availability, and terms
- Plan & execute cost reduction opportunities
- Update concerned departments about procurement of products and ETA
- Resolve quality/product issues and communicate with vendors.
- Work with vendors to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Assist plant to investigate and document inventory discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain product database
- Capturing of all Purchase Orders into electronic system
- Ensure all items received are matching PO
- Research invoice issues pertaining to Purchasing, and assist in obtaining credits for errors
- Initiates new vendor account setups and new product set up
- Assists on special side projects related to Purchasing
- Assist the Purchasing Manager where necessary
- Diploma in Purchasing or operations management will be an advantage
- Minimum 4 years of experience in purchasing
- Knowledge of inventory management and purchasing
- Strong attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy required
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively interact with coworkers at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and continually adapt to change
- Initiative in their own personal education and development skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with personal computers in Windows based applications, and MS Excel.
- Understand and practice the principle of the vision statement of Left Coast Naturals and its organization values
This position reports directly to the Purchasing Manager. Please submit a cover letter and resume stating your salary expectations for this opening and email email@example.com
Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply.
Afternoon Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor ensures that the production plan is carried out on schedule and consistent product quality and integrity is maintained during the manufacturing process. The Production Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates team leads and staff in a manner that creates engagement and productivity within the team and the facility. The secondary role of this position is to assist the Production Manager in identifying and improving operation effectiveness and efficiencies within all aspects of production including playing a leadership role in creating a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with corporate industry and regulatory safety standards.
PRODUCTION & TRACKING:
LABOUR PLANNING & TRACKING:
- Manages controllable elements of cost in order to attain or exceed budget targets.
- Works with the Production Manager to develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and component items based on customer orders, equipment, labour and raw material availability.
- Provide daily schedules by SKU to the Production Team.
- Works towards the attainment of production goals, objectives and standards without compromising food safety and quality.
- Assist Production Manager in identifying sources of waste (labour, material, scrap, and downtime). Develop, monitor, and measure reductions.
LEADERSHIP & HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Develop and implement an approved labour plan for cross- training, vacation planning and coverage
- Provide progress reports at weekly team meetings.
- Customer complaints/quality issues
- Provide detailed productivity reports as required by the Production Manager.
- Develop and maintain a team based work environment by providing leadership, direction, coaching, training and clear consistent communication
- Identify, assemble and manage human resources required to complete operational processes. Consult with Production Manager as required. i.e. work scheduling, performance development, employee relations
- Identifies training needs and provides training for plant staff. Shares personal knowledge and skills to develop competence of staff
- Ensure a respectful, safe and healthy work environment for plant and employees.
- Apply company human resources policies and processes in an equitable and fair manner.
- Assist in the development of positive cross functional/departmental relationships.
QUALITY & SAFETY:
- Contributes to the implementation of a Continuous Improvement environment.
- Develop action plans for the implementation of improvement ideas from frontline staff and ensure a positive outcome for the shareholders of the projects.
- Aid in the development and tracking on Production related metrics. Use these metrics to help guide the production team to be more efficient and implement changes.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assures product quality by practicing and enforcing HACCP and Food Safety requirements in all aspects of plant production. As necessary, responds to audit requirements.
- Develop SOPs for essential plant operations, train to SOPs and ensure employee adherence to SOPs when performing job responsibilities and tasks.
- Works collaboratively and maintains essential communications with other company departments to achieve plant operational results. i.e. Quality Assurance, Supply Management, Maintenance, Research and Development and Human Resources.
- Implements the correction of production problems and process deficiencies
- Demonstrates leadership ability and interpersonal skills that engage employees, create a team environment, drive employee productivity and competence, and achieve business unit goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Focus on quality including the development and adherence to Quality Policy and standard operating procedures that create business unit efficiencies with working knowledge of Work Safe BC regulations, WHMIS and Occupational Safety Programs.
- Maintains updated knowledge and strong technical expertise of HACCP, GMPs and FSSC standards, regulations, and practices.
- Flexible and controlled under crisis situations.
- Relevant certificate in Operations Management (food manufacturing, planning and processes)
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles with experience working under HACCP/SQF and maintaining these systems would be an asset
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises.
- 3-5 years of progressive production manufacturing experience (preferably food production plant) in a supervisory role and production planning experience is a must have.
- Highly organized with excellent time management/priority setting skills, and knows how to make the right decisions.
- Experience in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Available to work flexible shifts including weekends. Training will be Mon-Friday morning shift but schedule will primarily be 3-11pm shifts
- 60% production, 40% office environment
This position reports directly to the Production Manager. Please submit a cover letter and resume stating your salary expectations for this opening and email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity employer. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
The customer service representative is a key player in our sales and service. The successful applicant will be part of a team that is responsible for up selling, order entry, and invoicing. Enthusiasm for our products, product knowledge, and a desire to make things better are requirements. Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving are highly valued.
- Up selling and building solid customer relationships;
- Entering orders from fax, email, and phone accurately and quickly;
- Updating orders based on inventory and invoicing;
- Handling incoming phone calls;
How you will do the job:
- You are the voice of the brand! Leveraging your relationship building skills you will not only be processing customer orders in a fast paced, high volume environment, but you will be making connections with these customers, getting to know them and anticipating their needs and upselling.
- You are the first line of defense when problems arise and not only have great listening skills but are intuitively able to determine the right solution without needing to escalate the issue.
- You will become a product expert and will be able to guide customers through many of the products that have built this industry leading company.
- You will also become a trusted member of the team internally - working alongside the logistics group. Leveraging your keen attention to detail, you will create accurate and on time pick tickets based on purchase orders and ensure business moves forward without delay.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
- Experience with high volume sales and selling;
- Experience with bookkeeping or similar role that requires a high attention to detail;
- Experience working with deadlines;
- Excellent team player and able to set priorities;
- You have some post-secondary education;
Who you are:
- You have experience providing top notch internal and/or external customer service whether you have put yourself through school working in a high volume restaurant environment or perhaps in an inside sales role or similar customer service position. Regardless of where you honed your skills, you take pride in representing a strong company and providing a level of customer service that ensures that "they keep coming back!"
- You enjoy selling and building relationships with customers;
- You truly value a healthy lifestyle, embrace a "green" philosophy and take seriously your part in doing right by the earth!
- You have keen attention to detail and see errors before they become customer issues;
- You are always looking for ways to improve processes and are confident enough to bring your ideas to the team;
- You know what it means to be a part of a team and are willing and ready to assist others when asked (and you are not too proud to ask for help when you get bogged down);
- Your command of the English language in both spoken and written form is top notch!
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point) is a must have;
- You have the ability to multi-task and know what the top priority is at any time;
- An understanding of EDI would be an asset but is not mandatory;
- You have an upbeat can-do personality and add boundless positive energy to the workplace;
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible work schedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use.
- Extended Health Benefits after 3 months
- RRSP Matching Program after 6 months
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, Training and Professional Development
- Complimentary on site monthly massage
- Healthy organic breakfast program
This position reports directly to the Sales Manager and is suited for someone willing to work hard for a few years in this role and become a product expert before looking to be promoted. Rest assured, based on the value you prove to bring to the company and where your skills are best suited, opportunities will exist to thrive in a long term career path!
If this sounds like the career launching pad for you, please forward your resume with a cover letter stating your salary expectations for this position to email@example.com
Left Coast Natural Demo Representative - Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Foods as well as the other Left Coast Natural brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations;
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands;
- Actively engage customers with products and information;
- Achieve sales goals and targets;
- Fill out demo reports and invoices;
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demo or sales experience;
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination;
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends;
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings;
- Available to demo on a regular basis;
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel;
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus;
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus;
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten.
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
We're always interested in hearing from good people. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Left Coast Naturals has been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. This competition recognizes small and medium enterprises that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resource policies.
Learn more about why we were chosen.