Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too. We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schelhedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
Director of Sales
The Director of Sales oversees field sales management, customer service management, key account sales, business development and sales admin support. The Sales Director reports directly to the company President as a member of the key executive team making strategic decisions. The key areas of focus will be set brand sales strategy to build Hippie Snacks sales in Canada and U.S. as well as drive Left Coast Organic branded bulk sales.
- Work with executive team to establish overall company strategy and goals
- Determine the short and long term sales strategies for both Canada and the U.S.
- Implement a variety of new strategically aligned business initiatives to drive sales.
- Develop and manage the annual Sales Budgets
- Work directly with the Sales Manager and collaboratively
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development, motivating and coaching of all members of the sales management and sales support team.
- Works to ensure that strategically important products/brands (Hippie Snacks, LCN manufactured) are the primary focus for the entire sales team
- Develops templates and sales presentation tools to allow the Sales Management team to successfully roll out new listings, initiatives and promotions
- Ensures the organization has an effective sales training program
- Ensures price catalogues are sent out efficiently and in a timely manner
- Ensures the CRM is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Develops the necessary CRM tools to allow fpror effective field sales management.
- Work directly with the Key Account Manager to ensure all sales targets are met for key accounts – including pricing programs, promotional support, new listings execution, shelving & merchandising programs, and product initiatives
- Work to establish Category Management principles for the Bulk & Branded Bulk businesses
- Provide support for all major account presentations
- Work directly with head office large key accounts including Loblaw’s, Sobeys, Starbucks, Trader Joes and Costco
- Work directly with the Business Development Manager to manage and execute the approved US Hippie Snacks launch strategy; work to establish an Eastern Canadian Hippie Snacks strategy and execute against it; work to develop the necessary skills – budgeting, account planning, building presentations etc. and provide the necessary mentorship/leadership to grow the BDM to the next level
- Work closely with the Brand Manager to ensure all vendor programs are effectively communicated to the Sales Team
- Directly manage all critical key retail account activities as it pertains to relations, growth, and profitability
- Organize new product intro presentations
- Establishe metrics to maximize sales results and hold the team accountable.
Ensures regular and purposeful business reviews are conducted with our top 15 customers
- Work with stakeholders to establish pricing (increase/decrease/programs) that maximize Left Coast Naturals profits and topline sales results
- A minimum of 5 years Senior Sales Leadership experience in the grocery industry, ideally within the Health/Natural Food segment
- Focused expertise with Branded Grocery products (preferred snack brand) and building markets within Canada and USA
- Relationships with grocery decision makers at key accounts across Canada and USA
- Exemplary people management and leadership skills
Strong business acumen and industry expertise
- Experience in all aspects of developing, planning and implementing sales strategy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn analyses into effective strategies and plans
- Ability to prioritize needs and meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills, good organization and ability to handle administrative requirements.
- Strong sense of judgement
- Ability to be a positive contributor to a caring, fun values based employer
- Be positive, energetic and comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative company culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills with proven follow through.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Access to a vehicle appropriate for the role
This position reports directly to the President. Please forward your resume with a cover letter stating your salary expectations for this position to email@example.com.
Left Coast Naturals is expanding and looking for production associates to fill some key positions.
Production Associates play a key role in achieving business objectives by safely carrying out cleaning and maintenance tasks as well as other production related duties. This role works as part of a team with changing responsibilities and ensures products and packaging meet quality standards while minimizing waste. This is an entry level position that could lead to a career in food manufacturing.
- High school diploma. Previous experience in a food processing facility and/or similar industry is an asset.
- Strong technical competence and detailed oriented.
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow clear instructions.
- Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Team player
- Ability to lift more than 10 Kgs. (20lbs.)
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Competitive wages
- Health benefits for you and your family
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- In-house gym facility
- Public transit accessible reimbursement and environmental bonus
- Organic food incentives
- Product discounts
- Fun and Celebratory work environment
- Passionate team
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume stating your wage expectations.
Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply.
Left Coast Natural Demo Representative - Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Snacks as well as the other Left Coast Natural brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands
- Actively engage customers with products and information
- Achieve sales goals and targets
- Fill out demo reports and invoices
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demo or sales experience
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings
- Available to demo on a regular basis
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email email@example.com. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
We're always interested in hearing from good people. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Left Coast Naturals has been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. This competition recognizes small and medium enterprises that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resource policies.
Learn more about why we were chosen.