Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too.
We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
- Accurately pick items from warehouse rack locations to fulfill Customer Orders
- Notify Warehouse Team Lead for items in incorrect rack locations so that system can be updated
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner - empty garbage, sweeps aisles and stage shipping area daily as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Follows all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment while on the job for yourself and your fellow employees
- Provide a professional environment in relation to fellow team members, other department members and external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Operations Manager
- High school diploma
- 3 months to 1 year experience in a warehouse environment required
- Current or expired motorized pallet jack license
- Basic math skills
Reliable, dependable and demonstrates the ability to follow directions
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to work in a team setting, in a positive manner, as well as alone
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis, 50 lbs sporadically
- Able to multitask
Good organizational skills
- Flexible to work overtime and or weekends when required
- Able to work in a busy environment and at a quick pace
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume stating your wage expectations.
Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Snacks as well as the other Left Coast Naturals brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
Note: We are currently looking for Brand Ambassadors in the Victoria, Whistler, Squamish, Kelowna, Calgary and Toronto regions.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands
- Actively engage customers with products and information
- Achieve sales goals and targets
- Fill out demo reports and invoices
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demo or sales experience
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings
- Available to demo on a regular basis
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email email@example.com. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
The Production Supervisor ensures that the production plan is carried out on schedule and consistent product quality and integrity is maintained during the manufacturing process. The Production Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates team leads and staff in a manner that creates engagement and productivity within the team and the facility. The secondary role of this position is to assist the Plant Manager in identifying and improving operation effectiveness and efficiencies within all aspects of production including playing a leadership role in creating a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with corporate industry and regulatory safety standards.
Production & Operations:
- Manages controllable elements of cost in order to attain or exceed budget targets.
- Works with the Production Manager to develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and component items based on customer orders, equipment, labour and raw material availability.
- Provide daily schedules by SKU to the Production Team.
- Works towards the attainment of production goals, objectives and standards without compromising food safety and quality.
- Assist Production Manager in identifying sources of waste (labour, material, scrap, and downtime). Develop, monitor, and measure reductions.
Labour Planning and Tracking:
- Develop and implement an approved labour plan for cross- training, vacation planning and coverage
- Provide progress reports at weekly team meetings.
- Customer complaints/quality issues
- Provide detailed productivity reports as required by the Production Manager.
Leadership & Human Resources:
- Develop and maintain a team based work environment by providing leadership, direction, coaching, training and clear consistent communication
- Identify, assemble and manage human resources required to complete operational processes. Consult with Production Manager as required. i.e. work scheduling, performance development, employee relations
- Identifies training needs and provides training for plant staff. Shares personal knowledge and skills to develop competence of staff
- Ensure a respectful, safe and healthy work environment for plant and employees.
- Apply company human resources policies and processes in an equitable and fair manner..
- Assist in the development of positive cross functional/departmental relationships.
- Contributes to the implementation of a Continuous Improvement environment.
- Develop action plans for the implementation of improvement ideas from frontline staff and ensure a positive outcome for the shareholders of the projects.
- Aid in the development and tracking on Production related metrics. Use these metrics to help guide the production team to be more efficient and implement changes.
Quality & Safety:
- Assures product quality by practicing and enforcing HACCP and Food Safety requirements in all aspects of plant production. As necessary, responds to audit requirements.
- Develop SOPs for essential plant operations, train to SOPs and ensure employee adherence to SOPs when performing job responsibilities and tasks.
- Works collaboratively and maintains essential communications with other company departments to achieve plant operational results. i.e. Quality Assurance, Supply Management, Maintenance, Research and Development and Human Resources.
- Implements the correction of production problems and process deficiencies
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrates leadership ability and interpersonal skills that engage employees, create a team environment, drive employee productivity and competence, and achieve business unit goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Focus on quality including the development and adherence to Quality Policy and standard operating procedures that create business unit efficiencies with working knowledge of Work Safe BC regulations, WHMIS and Occupational Safety Programs.
- Maintains updated knowledge and strong technical expertise of HACCP and GMP standards, regulations, and practices.
- Flexible and controlled under crisis situations.
- Relevant degree/diploma in Engineering Sciences (food manufacturing, operations, planning and processes)
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles with experience working under HACCP/SQF and maintaining these systems
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises.
- 3 years of progressive production manufacturing experience (preferably food production plant) in a supervisory role.
- Highly organized with excellent time management/priority setting skills, and knows how to make the right decisions.
- Experience in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Available to work flexible shifts including weekends. Schedule will be a mix of mornings (6 am – 2:30 pm) and afternoons (2:30 pm – 11 pm).
- 80% production floor, 40% office environment
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager. Please submit a cover letter and resume stating your salary expectations for this opening and email firstname.lastname@example.org We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity employer. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Are you an overachiever who punches above their weight class?
We are looking for a Digital and Content Marketing Coordinator responsible for executing brand building initiatives through online, social, and retail marketing campaigns to support aggressive North American sales growth. This role will be an integral part of our marketing team, helping to develop our strategy and execution with a focus on digital advertising, e-commerce / Amazon, social media, email, influencer and PR outreach. You’ll be working closely with the marketing team to evaluate new and unique brand partnerships and campaign activations. It’s a tight team so we all enthusiastically pitch in to support each other across departments within the organization. If this sounds like it could be your dream job, then keep reading.