“Left Coast Naturals Goodness Giveaway”
2016 CONTEST RULES
These “Left Coast Naturals Goodness Giveaway” Rules (the “Official Rules”) are provided by Ike Enterprises Inc. doing business as Left Coast Naturals, having an address at 4612 Dawson St. Burnaby, B.C. V5C 4C3 Canada (“Sponsor” or “Left Coast Naturals”). By entering into the “Hippie Foods Facebook Giveaway” (the “Contest”) you accept these Official Rules and agree to be legally bound by them. Contest entrants are responsible for reviewing and understanding these Official Rules prior to entering the Contest.
1. CONTEST DATES. The Contest begins at 2:30 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 8, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on April 24, 2016 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open only to (i) legal residents of the 10 provinces and 3 territories of Canada (except the province of Quebec); and (ii) people age 18 or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate families (meaning spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside or those living in the same households, whether or not related), affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies of the Sponsor are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest.
Enter the Contest during the Contest Period by completing all the following entry requirements and submitting all of the following entry materials (each an “Entry”):
I. The first option to enter is to “Like” or “Comment” on the Facebook post found at this link: https://www.facebook.com/leftcoastnaturals/photos/a.605264276170606.1073741828.379967255366977/1116925561671139/?type=3&theater . These actions qualify as a single Entry are hereby collectively referred to as “Entry Materials”).
II. The second option to enter is to “Reply” or “Retweet” or “Like” the Twitter image found at this link: https://twitter.com/LeftCoastFoods/status/718554765450346496 . These actions qualify as a single Entry are hereby collectively referred to as “Entry Materials”).
For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt by the Sponsor of an Entry occurs when Sponsor's computer servers record the Entry information resulting from you clicking the "Like" button or the “Comment” button with a written comment on the designated Facebook post found at this link https://www.facebook.com/leftcoastnaturals/photos/a.605264276170606.1073741828.379967255366977/1116925561671139/?type=3&theater . Or, receipt by the Sponsor of an Entry occurs when Sponsor's computer servers record the Entry information resulting from you clicking the "Like" button or the “Retweet” button or “Reply” button with a written comment or response on the designated Twitter image found at this link https://twitter.com/LeftCoastFoods/status/718554765450346496 . Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules.
4. PRIZES. Ten (10) prizes in total will be awarded as follows:
I. Prize. Ten (10) “Prize” winners will be selected. The Prize (approximate retail value of $90.00 CAD) shall consist of one (1) Goodness: Recipes and Stories book, one (1) jar of Neal Brothers Foods Sriracha Mayonnaise, one (1) jar of Neal Brothers Foods Corn Salsa, one (1) bag of Neal Brothers Foods Sriracha Kettle Chips, three (3) units of Hippie Foods Hippie Snacks Coconut Chips, one (1) unit of Hippie Foods Hippie Snacks Coconut Clusters, one (1) unit of Hippie Foods Hippie Granola, one (1) unit of Hippie Foods Garden Chips, and one (1) unit of Hippie Foods Hippie Cookies. Specific flavours of the mentioned products are subject to the discretion of the Sponsor.
The prize will be issued by the Sponsor and sent via mail. At all times of shipment it is the prize winners’ sole responsibility to provide the Sponsor with his or her accurate address of residence and each winner must have a valid Canadian postal address in order to receive his or her prize. Failure to meet these requirements may result in ineligibility to receive the prize. PO box addresses will not be accepted.
Winners must take the prizes as offered. Prizes are non-transferable, nonrefundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. Winners will be selected at the offices of the Sponsor in accordance with the Official Contest Rules.
Entry for the Prize will be open between 2:30 PM PT on April 8, 2016 and 11:59 PM PT April 24, 2016 (“Entry Period”).
Only Entries that conform to these Official Rules and the Contest Guidelines (defined below) may be eligible for a prize.
I. Sponsor will choose the Prize winners after the end of the Contest Period based on random draw. Selection of the Grand Prize winner shall be made in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. CONTEST GUIDELINES. Entries must comply with and meet the specifications or requirements called for in the Official Rules and the following contest guidelines ("Contest Guidelines”):
I. Contest Entries may not contain material considered in the sole discretion of the Sponsor that may be offensive or inappropriate, including without limitation, material that is demeaning, racist, sexist, profane, and/or sexually explicit in nature.
II. Contest Entries must remain public for at least thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.
III. Contest Entries must not violate or infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks of third parties.
IV. Contest Entries must not refer to any third party marks or brands and must not solicit or market a good or service.
V. Contest Entries must comply with Facebook.com terms and conditions.
7. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/PRIZE CLAIMS. Sponsor shall notify potential winner of their Contest winnings on or before April 29, 2016. Winners will be notified by email to the email address submitted by the entrant via Facebook personal message. The potential Contest winner must claim their prize within 10 days of receipt of notification of their winnings. Notification shall be deemed received by potential winners on the time and date the Sponsor sends the notification email. Return of prize notification emails as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate winner.
7.1 By claiming a prize each winner represents, warrants and covenants to the Sponsor as follows:
I. The winner meets the eligibility criteria of the Contest as stated in these Official Rules; and
II. In addition to the declarations, warranties and representations made by virtue of entering into the Contest, the winner shall furnish the Sponsor immediately upon the Sponsor’s request with any additional warranties of ownership, licenses of Entry Materials, liability releases, publicity releases or other affidavits, declarations, and/or releases or additional documents that may be required by the Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s).
7.2 Unless prohibited by law, the potential winner may be required to sign and provide the documents referred to in section 7.2 (ii) no later than 10 days from the date of receipt of prize notification in order for sponsor to award the prize. Noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate winner.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. By entering the contest you hereby represent and warrant to the Sponsor that all Entry Materials are owned or licensed by you and you have the authority to provide them to Sponsor. You shall indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless in respect of any and all claims, demands or actions of any other person and resulting costs (including reasonable legal fees) that any Entry Materials supplied by you infringe a copyright or trade-mark of any other person.
9. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS By submitting Entry Materials, you assign all of your rights, title and interest in the those materials existing throughout the world, including but not limited to all copyrights, patent rights, trade-mark rights, and other intellectual property rights in the Entry Materials, without further consideration, free from any claim or lien or retention of rights, to Sponsor and your hereby waive in whole any and all moral and other rights it may have in such Entry Materials, or agree to cause all authors of the Entry Materials to waive in whole any and all moral and other rights they may have in the Entry Materials, including but not limited to: the right to restrain or claim damages for any distortion, mutilation or other modification of; the right to restrain use or reproduction of; the right to the integrity of; and the right to be associated with the Entry Materials in any context and in connection with any product, service, cause or institution, to and in favour of Sponsor and its assignees and licensees. Sponsor will at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry Materials and any modifications thereto.
10. DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY WAIVER. Contest entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or Contest or acceptance, delivery or use of any of the prizes awarded thereunder. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate Contest rules, terms or conditions or the accurate administration of the Contest or accurate award of any Contest prizes.
The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing of promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the prizes, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (iii) failure of any Contest Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, computer errors, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or Contest Entry information, or (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof).
11. Termination or Modification of Contest Rule. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason for reasons relating to:
- infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Contest entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest,
- the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becoming corrupted or becoming incapable of allowing the proper processing of Contest entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or
- the Contest otherwise not being capable of running as planned.
12.1Any Contest entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online Contest Entry, the Contest Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the email address submitted at the time of Contest Entry. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
12.2Number and Gender. Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa; and words importing gender include all genders.
12.3Headings. The Section headings contained herein are included solely for convenience, and are not intended to be full or accurate descriptions of the content thereof and shall not be considered part of this Agreement or to affect the interpretation hereof.
12.4Currency. Unless otherwise indicated, all dollar amounts referred to in this Agreement are in Canadian funds.
12.5Entire Agreement. These Official Rules, represent the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, negotiations and representations, oral or written, between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
12.6Severability; No Waiver. If any provision of these Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall, as to that jurisdiction and as between the parties hereto, be severed from the remaining provisions of this agreement, which remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. The waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of these Official Rules will not operate as a waiver of any other breach. No delay or failure of Sponsor to exercise any right or remedy will operate as a waiver, except where specifically provided to the contrary.
12.7Assignment. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not assign or transfer any rights or obligations hereunder without the consent of Sponsor.
12.8Force Majeure. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within its control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest without notice or by posting a notice on website, in its sole and absolute discretion, if it is determined that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or any Force Majeure event(s) has destroyed or severely undermined or impaired the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest.
12.10 Choice of Law and Arbitration. Contest is governed by British Columbia and Canadian law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the Canadian Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by Entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the local laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (Canadian jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
SHORT FORM RULES:
To obtain Official Rules, go to http://leftcoastnaturals.com/news/lcn-goodness-giveaway-contest-rules-2016/ . Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). Employees of Sponsor and related parties are ineligible. Entries must be submitted between April 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Pacific Time and April 24, 2016 at 11:59:00 PM Pacific Time. To enter, submit relevant materials by commenting on the designated post. Entry must comply with Entry Requirements described in Official Rules. One (1) Prize Winner will win a case of Hippie Food Hippie Garden Chips. CONTEST IS VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.